Thursday, July 26, 2012

Why Blog?

As many teachers have this summer, I've spent a lot of 'in-service' time on Pinterest, the Internet and supply stores. I have spent many hours looking and too much money (shhhh, don't tell my hubby) buying  things to better my classroom- for me and the students. Since I teach children with special needs ages 3-5, I find it difficult to find things that apply to their developmental levels.When our classrooms vary from typically developing, autism and it's many spectrums, Down Syndrome, language delays, speech delays, physical delays, Cerebral Palsy, and countless other BEAUTIFUL children, it is hard to find resources.  Don't get me wrong, I have found some great ones, but not as many as I thought would be out there. I thought this blog may be a great way for fellow Developmental Preschool/Special Education Preschool (however you are titled) to share ideas and create a community of teachers learning from each other. I will post things that I am doing in my room and  ask questions to other teachers so PLEASE contribute to this board!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad I came across your blog! I teach a group of beautiful children, similar to yours :) They all have their own unique needs, but they are so fun. You are right, it is so hard to find things that apply to their developmental level. I look forward to following you and coming up with new ideas. Your task boxes are on my to do list! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just discovered your website - it's wonderful, thank you! Please keep posting - you are right there are very little ECSE blogs out there and I LOVE them haha! Incredible resource, thank you!

    ReplyDelete